Volunteer Code of Conduct
- Encourage and enforce the AYSO Philosophy of "Everyone Plays, Positive
Coaching and Good Sportsmanship".
- AYSO is an organization dedicated to
child development in a soccer environment that is safe, fun and fair.
- In AYSO, players learn to work together, enjoy participating in a wholesome
environment for everyone's pleasure.
- Be responsible for the well being of every player on the AYSO team.
- Always remember the game is for the
players. Player's safety and fair play comes first.
- AYSO demands a sport
environment for our young players that are free from drugs, tobacco and
- Players shall treat other players, coaches, officials and
spectators with respect, regardless of the out come of the game.
are responsible for enforcing the "Laws of the Game" and are governed by the
Rules and Regulations as defined by AYSO.
- Recognize the value and
importance of volunteer coaches, referees and regional officials. Give them
their due respect. Without volunteers, there would be no AYSO.
shall always have the AYSO emergency forms for every practice, games, team
meeting or any team event and shall never leave a child unattended.
Respect all referee decisions.
- Positive reinforcement is the best way to
help the players achieve their goals and their natural fear of failure.
Referees shall at all times put greatest emphasis on the welfare of the
player, encouraging clean competition and good sportsmanship.
- Treat the
visiting team and spectators as guest, by being courteous, fair and avoid
actions that will offend or embarrass the player or any one else.
- At no
time will violent or abusive conduct be tolerated. Any such actions will be
dealt with appropriately.